Are you finding yourself in a world where there are a lot of houses for sale, and you need to sell ASAP? Where are the buyers and how do you find them?Having a good marketing plan is essential. But the most important component is making the house the most appealing and desireable compared to its competition. In order to get the edge on your competition there are simple tips that can be used:
- Clean everything thoroughly
- Remove clutter such as papers, pictures, magazines, garbage etc.
- Fix all broken, scratched, or damaged items
- Remove excess storage, rent a storage unit if you have to; everything must be super organized, even the garage
- Remove excess furniture, less is more. Orient the sitting part of the furniture so that you see the seat first, not the back of a chair or sofa.
- Organize each room to its fullest potential. The master bedroom needs a luxurious bed with pillows and bedding that encourages that relaxing decadent feeling. It’s organized, clean, and welcoming. A room that could be an office or bedroom should have the appearance of a fully functioning office or bedroom. Imagine how it could best be utilized and stage it in that capacity.
- Clean up the entire yard and make it look appealing. Mow lawn, rake leaves, trim bushes, plant annuals or perennials and organize the garden shed. Make it obvious where the front door is located, by having a path, mailbox, house numbers, welcome mat, wind chimes, plants or other artwork.
Home staging and professional landscaping are proven tools that can sell a home on average 40% faster and 10% higher! Most of the time all you have is time to get prospective buyers to feel like they could enjoy living there and that there are no significant reasons they feel any negativity. You need to make the best first impression, so EVERYTHING must look PRETTY.
One book that can help is: Sell Your Home Faster with Feng Shui… by Holly Ziegler. She has an expanded version of these ideas.
To Your Success,