I get asked a lot, is it good for my head to be pointing a certain direction? Since this method of Feng Shui is known as the Compass Method, to me it’s not as important as having your head against the solid wall and that the bed is as far away from the doorway as possible. The method of Feng Shui that I practice is called the Black Hat Sect (BTB) which is based on the idea about how the energy flows through doorways and around your home or office. There are many types of Feng Shui, but I think that the BTB is the most realistic and works in our modern times.
The keys to the most peaceful sleep include:
- Removing items that plug into outlets.
- Making sure no mirrors reflect over the bed as you sleep.
- Closing all doors while you sleep.
- No storage under the bed.
- Each person has their space for books & bedside lamp & table.
- Calming pictures
- Calming colors
- Thinking in terms of two’s if you are a couple; i.e. 2 pillows, 2 lamps etc
- Being able to see who’s coming in the doorway.
- Clutter free.
I know you may be curious what the Compass method says about the sleeping directions, so here is what they say:
Head pointing North=Enhancing physical Manifestations and Balance.
Head pointing South=Enhancing Ability to Remember Dreams and Develop Intuition.
Head pointing East=Speeds Life Up (good for depression and sluggishness).
Head pointing West=Slows Life Down (good for stress and hyperactivity).
To Your Success,
For more Feng Shui Tips for Wealth & Success: http://www.fivestarfengshui.wordpress.com